Monday, January 10, 2011

Reversible Baby Quilt - Finished

Serger Club - Reversible Baby Quilt - Class Project



I wasn't extremely enthusiastic about making this class project as I hadn't a recipient in mind, but after spending two hours choosing the bright fabrics I became quite excited to see the finished quilt!

I decided to make my "reversible baby quilt" cotton on one side and flannel on the other.  I thought it could be used flannel side down when the weather is cool.  It turns out to be quite a warm quilt, even though the batting is fairly light weight.  

[I would use an extremely light weight batting with cotton fabrics on each side for a summer quilt.]

Finished quilt, cotton side: 

Finished quilt, flannel side  (The flannel was my choice; everyone else used cotton on each side)

[My husband says the baby will need sunglasses for the flannel side!]

The finished quilt is 54-1/4-in. long and 40-in. wide.  The width is great, but it would be nice if it were 60" long, (the center rectangle would have to be longer).  It is more than adequate as is and larger than most baby quilts.

For details, see post below

No comments:

Post a Comment